Swansea, Mumbles & Gower
Castle Square Cottage (Family & Dog Friendly)
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, 2-minute walk into Mumbles village
From £165, Beautiful Family Friendly Cottage
Our beautiful, newly renovated, 2-bedroom Castle Square Cottage is in the cosy but cosmopolitan Mumbles, which is full of character and charm. Home to handmade crafts, luxury boutiques and arguably the worlds' best ice cream.
Castle Square Cottage is just a two-minute walk from Oystermouth Castle and five-minute walk away from the seafront. Ideal for a break away to the seaside, and an ideal location for exploring the Gower. Mumbles is known as the gateway to the Gower Peninsula. The vibrant city centre is only a 10-minute drive away, if you decide to visit!
We are committed to protecting our properties which is why we've partnered with Know Your Guest, the leading vacation rental guest-screening provider.
Before the booking begins, you will need to verify your details with Know Your Guest and there is an option to purchase a £40 non-refundable damage waiver. We suggest you buy the damage waiver as this protects you in case you cause accidental damage during a booking.
If you choose not to purchase the non-refundable waiver, we will charge a refundable £500 Security Deposit to the card you have booked with a few days before your arrival. This will be refunded once you have checked out, after the property has been cleaned and inspected.
Dog Supplement £60 per trip, maximum 2 dogs.
Check-in is between 4pm-7pm. Please note, charges may apply to check-ins before and after this time. Late Check-ins must be arranged in advance with a minimum of 48 hours notice (£60 out of hours charge may apply). Early Check-ins will incur a £20 charge (subject to availability). Late Check-outs will incur a £10 per hour charge with a minimum of 24 hours notice (subject to availability).
Parking: Limited Street Parking available on Castle Square. Additional paid parking only a five-minute walk away at 24H Pay & Display Car Park - 133 Mumbles Rd, The Mumbles, Swansea SA3 4DN. £6 All Day.
If you are staying more than 3 days, you can apply for a Holiday Visitors Permit. Applying for this permit is the responsibility of the guest. Please click on the below link for more information:
About the Property
The two-bedroom house provides a cosy and modern accommodation with an open plan lounge and dining area. The kitchen is fully equipped and leads out on to a charming patio garden with an outdoor seating area, excellent for socialising!
Perfect for holidays, short breaks and if you're moving or working in Swansea on a short- or long-term contract, this cosy stylish home offers peace, space, and tranquillity.
Fitted with a combination of comfortable, contemporary, and traditional furnishings, the living area is equipped with a Smart TV and an Amazon Echo-dot that connects to Alexa allowing you to play music, read the news or even find out the weather.
One bedroom has a king-size bed. The second has a triple sleeper bunk bed - perfect for the kids! All bedrooms have wardrobes with drawers and storage space. The modern bathroom comes with a bath and overheard shower, ideal for families!
- Free Wifi
- Limited Street Parking available on Castle Square. Additional paid parking only a five-minute walk away at 24H Pay & Display Car Park - 133 Mumbles Rd, The Mumbles, Swansea SA3 4DN. £6 All Day.
- Smart TV
- Amazon Echodot
- Coffee machine
- Fridge freezer
- Crockery/cutlery, utensils
- Oven and hob
- Iron and ironing board
- Two hair dryers
- Welcome pack (consisting of tea, coffee, sugar, milk, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, washing machine tablets, hair & body wash and hand soap)
- We enjoyed our stay in The Mumbles. The cottage was very central and having a small garden was a bonus.
Lindsay, Airbnb Guest - 4/5 September 2023
- Great house, bright and clean
Lovely location and very welcoming host
Jane, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- Brilliant house in a beautiful area.
Very friendly host. Gorgeous kitchen ideal if you're planning to do your own catering.
Overall very satisfied with the visit and the price.
Clare, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- We loved our stay in Castle Square. It was very close to everything in Mumbles but tucked away so not noisy. The house was absolutely spotless. We had a wonderful time.
Mairead, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- Lovely cottage! Recently renovated, very clean, and everything was in impeccable condition. Great host. We had a wonderful stay!
Jody, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 July 2023
- Fantastic facility, well equipped with everything you need and brilliantly located.
Outstanding location - close to restaurants, bars, main attractions, roads to access other areas, walking paths everything!
Jodi, Booking.com Guest - 10/10, July 2023
- A fantastic property with everything you need for a relaxing stay.
Rachel, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 June 2023
- We had a wonderful time using this property as a base to explore The Gower. We were very comfortable & happy.
Christina, Booking.com Guest - 10/10, June 2023
- A fantastic property with everything you need for a relaxing stay
Rachel, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 Stars, May 2023
- Perfect cottage, location is great and we had a very comfortable stay. Perfect location, very clean and comfortable and even had some dog bowls and biscuits for our four legged friend.
Nia, Booking.com Guest - 10/10, April 2023