Swansea, Mumbles & Gower
Heatherslade House, Southgate (Family & Dog Friendly with Hot Tub) 4 Stars **** (Awaiting Grading)
4 Bedrooms & 2 Bathrooms
Heatherslade House has been transformed into a stylish retreat, sitting between award winning Three Cliffs Beach and secluded Pwll Du Bay, close to the Gower Coastal Path. We are in the well-heeled village of Southgate, in the heart of South Gower, within walking distance of three beaches, cafes, bars, restaurants and shops. We are family and dog friendly.
Southgate gives easy access to the magnificent landscape of Gower an area of outstanding natural beauty, with a short drive to historic, bustling Mumbles.
Hot Tub Fee £75 per stay. This is not included in the rate and will be charged to your card automatically within the 14 days of your booking.
Dog Supplement £60 per trip, maximum two dogs.
Check-in is between 4pm-7pm. Please note, charges may apply to check-ins before and after this time. Late Check-ins must be arranged in advance with a minimum of 48 hours notice (£60 out of hours charge may apply). Early Check-ins will incur a £20 charge (subject to availability). Late Check-outs will incur a £10 per hour charge with a minimum of 24 hours notice (subject to availability).
About the Property
Heatherslade House is a newly renovated and refurbished four bed home, with an elegant, relaxed style offering peace, space, and tranquillity.
The four-bedroom house provides spacious and modern accommodation with a well-equipped, open plan kitchen and dining area, leading to the patio with outdoor seating and table, perfect for alfresco dining, and the garden with hot tub. The house will be ideal for those who enjoy an evening socialising over a home-cooked meal.
Fitted with a combination of comfortable, contemporary, and traditional furnishings, the living area is equipped with a Smart TV and an Amazon Echo-dot, allowing you to play music or check the weather, tide times or surf conditions. Three bedrooms have king-size beds. One has single bunk beds. All bedrooms have wardrobes with drawers and storage space. Downstairs, there is a walk-in shower room and toilet. The upstairs bathroom has a bath & shower.
There is off-street parking for three cars and electric vehicle charging available.
- Free Wifi
- Private allocated parking
- Electric vehicle charging available
- Smart TV
- Amazon Echo dot
- Coffee machine
- Fridge freezer
- Crockery/cutlery, utensils
- Oven and hob
- Iron and ironing board
- Four hair dryers
- Welcome pack (consisting of tea, coffee, sugar, milk, washing up liquid, washing machine tablets, hair & body wash, hand wash, moisturising body lotion and other treats)
- The Southgate house is a perfect base for exploring one of the most idyllic parts of the Gower. Jany was wonderfully communicative and efficient, and the house is amazing. It's larger than it looks in the pictures, and incredibly comfortable, quiet and well heated. The kitchen area was a real treat and state-of-the-art equipped. The shower rooms were great and the bedrooms spacious. Thanks to Jany.
Lucy, Airbnb guest, Feb 23
- A great and spacious house, perfect location. we really enjoyed staying here, thank you.
Eve, Airbnb guest, Feb 23
- I was looking for some well needed time out wanting to be close to Tor bay and Three cliffs bay. Having stumbled across Heatherslade House it ticked all the boxes for what I needed. Upon arrival I was not disappointed. Communication was reassuring, answering all my initial questions, through to checking in. In addition there was a vast information ring binder provided at the property. Well I will definitely be returning that's for sure... Thank you for being a fantastic host.
David, Airbnb guest, January 23
- We had a wonderful stay, the location was perfect, the house was warm and welcoming. We enjoyed the hot tub and the beds were so comfortable, we would love to return.
Sally, Airbnb guest, Dec 22
- A wonderful discreet location with stunning views and scenery whilst also being a short drive away from a busier Swansea centre, the property has everything to cater for your needs, along with recommended local businesses and amenities. Our host Jany was also very helpful and responsive when it came to our questions and proved to be flexible with our needs, I cannot recommend staying here enough, a wonderful choice for a long weekend getaway, whilst quite frankly also proving to be a bargain. Would definitely recommend a family or group of friends to stay, we most certainly shall return in the future
Matthew, Google reviews, 5/5 November 2022
- Beautiful, well equipped house in a fantastic location. Great communal lounge and dining areas, really handy having the smart tvs and Alexa. Hot tub was big hit with the group too. Hope to check out the property again for a stay in the warmer months.
Matt, Airbnb Guest, November 22
- Great location and a spotless house. Thank you.
Moazzam, Airbnb guest, October 22
- Amazing. It was nice and clean plus in good location I loved it. Will be coming back regularly.
Rabi, Booking.com Guest, 9/10 September 22
- Beautiful house in great location with all the necessary basic bits we needed. Jany was extremely helpful and responsive which made our trip more enjoyable. Would highly recommend!
Sarah, Airbnb Guest - September 22