Swansea, Mumbles & Gower
Heatherslade House, Southgate (Family & Dog Friendly with Hot Tub)
4 Bedrooms & 2 Bathrooms
Heatherslade House has been transformed into a stylish retreat, sitting between award winning Three Cliffs Beach and secluded Pwll Du Bay, close to the Gower Coastal Path. We are in the well-heeled village of Southgate, in the heart of South Gower, within walking distance of three beaches, cafes, bars, restaurants and shops. We are family and dog friendly.
Southgate gives easy access to the magnificent landscape of Gower an area of outstanding natural beauty, with a short drive to historic, bustling Mumbles.
Hot Tub Fee £75 per stay. This is not included in the rate and will be charged to your card automatically within the 14 days of your booking.
Dog Supplement £60 per trip, maximum two dogs.
We are committed to protecting our properties which is why we've partnered with Know Your Guest, the leading vacation rental guest-screening provider.
Before the booking begins, you will need to verify your details with Know Your Guest and there is an option to purchase a £40 non-refundable damage waiver. We suggest you buy the damage waiver as this protects you in case you cause accidental damage during a booking.
If you choose not to purchase the non-refundable waiver, we will charge a refundable £750 Security Deposit to the card you have booked with a few days before your arrival. This will be refunded once you have checked out, after the property has been cleaned and inspected.
Check-in is between 4pm-7pm. Please note, charges may apply to check-ins before and after this time. Late Check-ins must be arranged in advance with a minimum of 48 hours notice (£60 out of hours charge may apply). Early Check-ins will incur a £20 charge (subject to availability). Late Check-outs will incur a £10 per hour charge with a minimum of 24 hours notice (subject to availability).
This property is equipped with a device that monitors noise levels (but does not record sound) and notifies the host if it gets too loud.
Hot Tub Rules
About the Property
Heatherslade House is a newly renovated and refurbished four bed home, with an elegant, relaxed style offering peace, space, and tranquillity.
The four-bedroom house provides spacious and modern accommodation with a well-equipped, open plan kitchen and dining area, leading to the patio with outdoor seating and table, perfect for alfresco dining, and the garden with hot tub. The house will be ideal for those who enjoy an evening socialising over a home-cooked meal.
Fitted with a combination of comfortable, contemporary, and traditional furnishings, the living area is equipped with a Smart TV and an Amazon Echo-dot, allowing you to play music or check the weather, tide times or surf conditions. Three bedrooms have king-size beds. One has single bunk beds. All bedrooms have wardrobes with drawers and storage space. Downstairs, there is a walk-in shower room and toilet. The upstairs bathroom has a bath & shower.
There is off-street parking for three cars and electric vehicle charging available.
- Free Wifi
- Private allocated parking
- Electric vehicle charging available
- Smart TV
- Amazon Echo dot
- Coffee machine
- Fridge freezer
- Crockery/cutlery, utensils
- Oven and hob
- Iron and ironing board
- Four hair dryers
- Welcome pack (consisting of tea, coffee, sugar, milk, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, washing machine tablets, hair & body wash and hand soap)
- Nice property with everything you need.
Sophie, Airbnb Guest - 4/5 October 2023
- Modern, convenient, pet-friendly house in a lovely location.
Manuel, Booking.com Guest - 8/10, September 2023
- Wonderful house in a great location for Threecliffs and Pobbles. Great for a family weekend away. Recommend.
Sian, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 September 2023
- Wish we had stayed longer! This property had everything we needed and more - sadly we weren't there enough to fully make the most of it! We loved the open plan layout of the kitchen, dining and TV area, in fact we felt no need to use the more formal lounge at all! The bedrooms are delightful and the beds extremely comfortable, however they are lovely modern low beds so this needs to be considered if you have mobility issues. They were no problem for us and quite honestly, this is the only point for consideration I can make about the house! The photos match the description, the neighbourhood is lovely and peaceful and there is a super shop a short walk away which had all our essentials. I really recommend this property!
Rachel, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 September 2023
- Lovely property in a lovely location. Our family really enjoyed it.
Daniel, Airbnb Guest - 4/5 September 2023
- Great location, nice house - everything you need is there. I can definitely recommend the place.
Jelena, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- A stunningly beautiful area. We had a fabulous time exploring during the day before relaxing in Jane's lovely property. Very well equipped and spotlessly clean.
Dom, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- The place was amazing, so nice and clean and really good sized rooms.
Jamie, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- This house was clean and very well equipped with everything we needed.
Dianne, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- Fantastic house for a family get together . Great coastal walks, quiz night at Southgate on Thursday night good fun. hot tub good. Good facilties and extras appreciated. everything you want and home from home.
Margaret, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- We were 4 adults, 2 teenagers and a Labrador. We loved the location!
Beaches are walking distance and great amenities nearby including local store, coffee shop, pub and pizza takeaway.
So many other nice places within easy drive from the house and everyone we met was so friendly.
The house was a great place to chill out for a week and explore the local area.
Jany and her team were very helpful and answered our queries very quickly.
Gary, Airbnb Guest - 4/5 August 2023
- We stayed with a small group of us, some friends were visiting from abroad, great location for us for climbing, brilliant location! Little shop and coffee shop walkable, pobbles pizza walkable, pubs easy to get to, all in all brilliant weekend.
John, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 June 2023
- We had a fantastic stay in this beautiful house in Southgate, very spacious house in a great location. Walkable to the beautiful three cliff beach.
Great house would definitely recommend!!
Isabelle - Airbnb Guest - 5/5 June 2023
- We had a great stay. The house was clean and close to Three cliffs bay and it was ideal for our family break. Thank you.
Hannah, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 June 2023
- We had an absolutely wonderful stay - the house is beautifully decorated and so spacious. It had everything we needed to enjoy a family get-together, and the location is gorgeous.
We are already planning our next visit!
Steph, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 May 2023
- Fabulous accommodation for exploring the local area. We drove to most places but passed lots of walkers and cyclists. The house is clean, tidy, and the perfect sized space for a family.
Josh, Airbnb Guest - 4/5 May 2023
- Beautiful, spotless, comfortable home was perfect for our short family break. Views of the coastline are spectacular, in reach of plenty of shops and excellent restaurants.
Simon, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 April 2023
- Amazing place to stay with the family. We had a great weekend. Jany was a fab host. Would definitely recommend!
Lucy, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 April 2023
- The Southgate house is a perfect base for exploring one of the most idyllic parts of the Gower. Jany was wonderfully communicative and efficient, and the house is amazing. It's larger than it looks in the pictures, and incredibly comfortable, quiet and well heated. The kitchen area was a real treat and state-of-the-art equipped. The shower rooms were great and the bedrooms spacious. Thanks to Jany.
Lucy, Airbnb guest, Feb 23
- A great and spacious house, perfect location. we really enjoyed staying here, thank you.
Eve, Airbnb guest, Feb 23
- I was looking for some well needed time out wanting to be close to Tor bay and Three cliffs bay. Having stumbled across Heatherslade House it ticked all the boxes for what I needed. Upon arrival I was not disappointed. Communication was reassuring, answering all my initial questions, through to checking in. In addition there was a vast information ring binder provided at the property. Well I will definitely be returning that's for sure... Thank you for being a fantastic host.
David, Airbnb guest, January 23
- We had a wonderful stay, the location was perfect, the house was warm and welcoming. We enjoyed the hot tub and the beds were so comfortable, we would love to return.
Sally, Airbnb guest, Dec 22
- A wonderful discreet location with stunning views and scenery whilst also being a short drive away from a busier Swansea centre, the property has everything to cater for your needs, along with recommended local businesses and amenities. Our host Jany was also very helpful and responsive when it came to our questions and proved to be flexible with our needs, I cannot recommend staying here enough, a wonderful choice for a long weekend getaway, whilst quite frankly also proving to be a bargain. Would definitely recommend a family or group of friends to stay, we most certainly shall return in the future
Matthew, Google reviews, 5/5 November 2022
- Beautiful, well equipped house in a fantastic location. Great communal lounge and dining areas, really handy having the smart tvs and Alexa. Hot tub was big hit with the group too. Hope to check out the property again for a stay in the warmer months.
Matt, Airbnb Guest, November 22
- Great location and a spotless house. Thank you.
Moazzam, Airbnb guest, October 22
- Amazing. It was nice and clean plus in good location I loved it. Will be coming back regularly.
Rabi, Booking.com Guest, 9/10 September 22
- Beautiful house in great location with all the necessary basic bits we needed. Jany was extremely helpful and responsive which made our trip more enjoyable. Would highly recommend!
Sarah, Airbnb Guest - September 22