Hartwell House, Mumbles (Family & Dog Friendly)
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, 2 minute walk into Mumbles village
From £165, Beautifully decorated Family Friendly Home
Our beautiful, newly renovated, 2-bedroom Hartwell house is in the cosy but cosmopolitan Mumbles, which is full of character and charm. Home to handmade crafts, luxury boutiques and arguably the worlds' best ice cream.
Hartwell House is just a two-minute walk away from the seafront. Ideal for a break away to the seaside, and an ideal location for exploring the Gower. Mumbles is known as the gateway to the Gower Peninsula. The vibrant city centre is only a 10-minute drive away, if you decide to visit!
We are committed to protecting our properties which is why we've partnered with Know Your Guest, the leading vacation rental guest-screening provider.
Before the booking begins, you will need to verify your details with Know Your Guest and there is an option to purchase a £40 non-refundable damage waiver. We suggest you buy the damage waiver as this protects you in case you cause accidental damage during a booking.
If you choose not to purchase the non-refundable waiver, we will charge a refundable £500 Security Deposit to the card you have booked with a few days before your arrival. This will be refunded once you have checked out, after the property has been cleaned and inspected.
Dog Supplement £60 per trip, maximum 2 dogs.
Check-in is between 4pm-7pm. Please note, charges may apply to check-ins before and after this time. Late Check-ins must be arranged in advance with a minimum of 48 hours notice (£60 out of hours charge may apply). Early Check-ins will incur a £20 charge (subject to availability). Late Check-outs will incur a £10 per hour charge with a minimum of 24 hours notice (subject to availability).
Parking: Limited Street Parking available on Park Street. Additional paid parking only a two-minute walk away at 24H Pay & Display Car Park - 133 Mumbles Rd, The Mumbles, Swansea SA3 4DN. £6 All Day.
If you are staying more than 3 days, you can apply for a Holiday Visitors Permit. Applying for this permit is the responsibility of the guest. Please click on the below link for more information:
Directions - Please click here
About the Property
The two-bedroom house provides a cosy and modern accommodation with an open plan lounge and dining area. The kitchen is fully equipped and leads out on to our newly renovated patio garden with an outdoor table and seating area perfect for dinning alfresco.
Perfect for holidays, short breaks and if you're moving or working in Swansea on a short- or long-term contract, this cosy stylish home offers peace, space, and tranquillity.
Fitted with a combination of comfortable, contemporary, and traditional furnishings, the living area is equipped with a Smart TV and an Amazon Echo-dot that connects to Alexa allowing you to play music, read the news or even find out the weather.
One bedroom has a king-size bed. The second has a triple sleeper bunk bed - perfect or the kids! All bedrooms have wardrobes with drawers and storage space. The modern bathroom is spacious and has one large bath and a separate large shower, ideal for families!
- Free Wifi
- Limited Street Parking available on Park Street. Additional paid parking only a two-minute walk away at 24H Pay & Display Car Park - 133 Mumbles Rd, The Mumbles, Swansea SA3 4DN. £6 All Day
- Smart TV
- Amazon Echodot
- Coffee machine
- Fridge freezer
- Crockery/cutlery, utensils
- Oven and hob
- Iron and ironing board
- Two hair dryers
- Welcome pack (consisting of tea, coffee, sugar, milk, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, washing machine tablets, hair & body wash and hand soap)
- Central location , easy access to surrounding areas.
Ian, Booking.com Guest - 8/10, October 2023
- Fabulous location. Comfy beds. Good pressure in shower. Great kitchen facilities.
Deb, Booking.com Guest - 9/10, September 2023
- Great location for the mumbles and surrounding beautiful part of Wales.
Gitali, Airbnb Guest - 4/5 September 2023
- We had a great couple of days at Jany's place. It's in a great location and had everything we needed. Communication before our arrival was very clear and helpful.
Julia, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- We had a lovely relaxing visit. The space worked well for our two kids and the dog. Great location.
Helen, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- Location was fantastic. You are just one street behind the main street through the mumbles. The house is beautifully decorated, lots of little touches, very homely and absolutely spotlessly clean.
Jessica, Booking.com Guest - 9/10, August 2023
- Lovely 2 night stay down at the Mumbles. Lovely little cottage type terrace house, great location just off the main drag of the Mumbles, facilities where great, all you could want in the kitchen, two really nice size bedrooms, my boys who are 11 & 8 loved the bunk beds. Parking was a bit of an issue, very limited outside, but there was a pay and display about a 5 min walk which was a very reasonable rate.
Kevin, Booking.com Guest - 8/10, August 2023
- Great Location for a stay in Mumbles. It's a cosy house, clean and modern and very close to the centre of Mumbles.
Mark, Booking.com Guest - 8/10, July 2023
- A perfect home from home. The cottage is very clean, peaceful, well-equipped and beautifully decorated, with comfy beds and a small but sunny outdoor area. It had everything we needed for a few days away with the family. The location was very convenient too. Parking was slightly tricky but manageable.
Fiona, Booking.com Guest - 10/10, April 2023
- Overall very relaxing. Communication from the owner was very good and checking in and out procedures were very simple and comfortable bed. Nice rooms throughout. Perfectly situated for access to the beaches. Nice touches like welcome basket, games, toiletries and dog treats (even if we didn't let ours have any due to allergies)
Birgit, Booking.com Guest - 8/10, April 2023
- Great cottage in the heart of Mumbles. Very comfortable, warm and cosy. Our bed was particularly comfortable. The cottage has everything that we needed and was a great place for the weekend. The pub opposite was warm and friendly.
Richard, Booking.com Guest - 10/10, March 23
- Nice relaxing short break in a lovely well appointed house in centre of Mumbles. Booking process & support leading up to and during stay very friendly and efficient.
Andrew, Google reviews - 5/5 Stars, January 2023
- The house was very nice, and the location is really great, in a beautiful area.
Arwa, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 Stars, November 2022
- Beautiful cottage just a 5 min walk from the beach. Very comfortable had everything we and our 2 canine friends, needed!
Jennifer, Booking.com Guest - 10/10, November 22
- Very clean property in a good location. Close to center.
Susan, Booking.com Guest - 10/10, September 22
- We would happily go back and stay again. The location was perfect, the house is beautiful.
Lorraine, Booking.com Guest - 10/10, September 2022
- Lovely cottage in a fantastic location. We've had a wonderful time.
Eleanor, Airbnb Guest 5/5 Stars, August 2022
- This is a lovely little house, very close to all amenities and the seafront. It was very clean and had everything you will need for your stay.
Craig, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 Stars, August 2022
- Excellent cottage in the heart of Mumbles, walking distance to everything. It had all that we needed and was clean, quiet and comfortable. Street parking can be tricky but there are always spaces nearby. Great communication with Jany and she helped us to extend our holiday. Looking forward to returning soon.
Richard and Rhiannon, Airbnb Guests - 5/5 stars, July 2022
- Great place to stay. House was very clean and had all of the things needed to be comfortable. Loved the board games. Great location. Thank you!
Marija, Airbnb guest - 5/5 Stars, July 2022
A beautifully appointed house in a fantastic location for walking into the Mumbles. Clean and tidy with all the extras considered including biscuits for the dog! Johnny's Fish and Chips to be recommended as a take away to eat in the lovely terraced garden too. The communication with Jany was great. We have had a lovely break and would definitely recommend this cosy cottage.
Susan, Airbnb Guest - July 2022
- Beautiful house and well appointed throughout. Has everything required for a great stay. The location in Mumbles is excellent situated on a very quiet street with only a few minutes walk to the front which has a range of facilities including a supermarket, may cafes, and most importantly, Joe's ice cream parlour. Jany was always on hand to answer any queries we had and always gave excellent advise. We would defiantly recommend this property as a holiday location and are looking forward to returning again soon.
David, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 Stars, July 2022
- Great location for mumbles and everything is in walking distance. Clean today newly renovated property with Al mod cons. Great comms with the owner and we will defo be back. Btw the dogs loved it also!
Paul - Airbnb Guest - 5/5 Stars, July 2022