Swansea, Mumbles & Gower
Hadland House, Mumbles (Family & Dog Friendly)
3 Bedrooms, 2 Shower Rooms, 1 Washroom, 5 minute walk into Mumbles village
From £175, Beautifully decorated Family Friendly Home
Hadland House is just an easy 5-minute walk into Mumbles. Family and dog friendly. There are plenty of buckets and spades here for you but remember to bring your own beach towels and maybe a torch for moonlit walks on the local beaches.
Mumbles village has plenty of stylish shops, restaurants, cafe's and bars to enjoy and all a short walk away.
We are committed to protecting our properties which is why we've partnered with Know Your Guest, the leading vacation rental guest-screening provider.
Before the booking begins, you will need to verify your details with Know Your Guest and there is an option to purchase a £40 non-refundable damage waiver. We suggest you buy the damage waiver as this protects you in case you cause accidental damage during a booking.
If you choose not to purchase the non-refundable waiver, we will charge a refundable £500 Security Deposit to the card you have booked with a few days before your arrival. This will be refunded once you have checked out, after the property has been cleaned and inspected.
Check-in is between 4pm-7pm. Please note, charges may apply to check-ins before and after this time. Late Check-ins must be arranged in advance with a minimum of 48 hours notice (£60 out of hours charge may apply). Early Check-ins will incur a £20 charge (subject to availability). Late Check-outs will incur a £10 per hour charge with a minimum of 24 hours notice (subject to availability).
Directions - Please click here
About the Property
Hadland House is a newly renovated and refurbished 3 bed holiday home with a nautical theme. Just a short walk into The Mumbles, with a range of stylish shops, restaurants, cafe's, bars and leisure activities for all ages.
Perfect for holidays, short breaks and if you re moving or working in Swansea on a short or long term contract, this cosy stylish home offers peace, space and tranquillity.
The three-bedroom house provides spacious and modern accommodation with an open plan kitchen dinner, separate lounge and conservatory leading onto the garden with an outdoor table and seating area perfect for dinning alfresco . The house is ideal for those who enjoy being sociable and cooking.
Fitted with a combination of comfortable, contemporary and traditional furnishings, the living area is equipped with a Smart TV and an Amazon Echo-dot that connects to Alexa allowing you to play music, read the news or even find out the weather.
One bedroom has a king-size bed. The second has a double and the third bedroom has two single beds. All bedrooms have wardrobes with drawers and storage space.
The property has a bathroom upstairs that consists of a shower, toilet and wash basin. There is a downstairs toilet and a separate downstairs shower room.
- Free Wifi
- Private allocated parking
- Smart TV
- Amazon Echodot
- Coffee machine
- Fridge freezer
- Crockery/cutlery, utensils
- Oven and hob
- Iron and ironing board
- Three hair dryers
- Welcome pack (consisting of tea, coffee, sugar, milk, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, washing machine tablets, hair & body wash and hand soap)
- Lovely home with exceptional downstairs space for family get togethers, maximising light and privacy. Having a built in fridge freezer and a garden for the dogs was an added bonus. Within easy reach of the sea, shopping and dining facilities and the majestic Oystermouth Castle, which catered for our dogs and additional attractions for young and old alike. A big thank you to Jany who was quick to respond and attentive to any requirements we had. We couldn't have asked for more!
Janet, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 September 2023
- Great location and all you need. Family and seafront all within walking distance. Quite hard to find a house with two bathrooms, a garden and on-site parking around Mumbles so this was perfect.
Jenny, Booking.com Guest - 9/10, September 2023
- Great house, we would recommend to friends and would certainly stay again. Lovely house, we were in Swansea to visit family and the location was perfect for us. The house is very comfortable and particularly spacious downstairs. We were delighted with our stay.
Anonymous, Booking.com Guest - 9/10, September 2023
- Had a great stay in a great Location would return.
Kevin, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 August 2023
- A home from home. We had all we needed to cater for a family of 6. Fantastic light space and a great size garden. Just a short walk to town, the beach and to attractions, such as Oystermouth castle. We loved our stay and would highly recommend!
Hollie, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 July 2023
- Loved house and location
Perfect for short break or a few weeks!
Thank you Jany
Kirsty, Airbnb Guest - 5/5 July 2023
- A comfortable self catering stay for our annual trip to Swansea. Comfortable house with parking near to Mumbles.
Sue, Booking.com Guest - 9/10, July 2023
- The downstairs was spacious and it was nice to have toiletries available in the bathrooms. There was plenty of room to spread out for us all downstairs. Location was convenient for Mumbles.
Michelle, Booking.com Guest - 8/10, July 2023
- A home from home. We had all we needed to cater for a family of 6. Fantastic light space and a great size garden. Just a short walk to town, the beach and to attractions, such as Oystermouth castle. We loved our stay and would highly recommend!
Hollie, Airbnb Guest - July 2023
- Loved house and location. Perfect for short break or a few weeks! Thank you Jany.
Kirsty, Airbnb Guest - July 2023
- A beautifully decorated and well equipped house within a perfect setting for accessing Mumbles. Garden layout of rooms well equipped.
Bubb, Booking.com Guest - 9/10, June 2023
- Location was perfect for us as it was round the corner from my son and his family! Everything we needed was there, from towels to blankets, cleaning stuff to smart TV... everything you could possibly need had been thought of!
Karen, Booking.com Guest - 9/10, May 2023
- For a short business stay it served it's purpose; spotless clean; well located, had all it needed , with enough parking space for 2 cars. Check-in easy.
M&I, Airbnb Guest - May 2023
- Lovely house. Very spacious and many personalised touches with decoration etc. loved the cwtch up sign. Mostly nice and clean. Lovely garden. Nice that games etc provided. Parking great. Good location close to the fabulous Mumbles and Gower.
Eve, Booking.com Guest - 10/10, April 2023
- Spacious and clean, well equipped.
Wendy, Booking.com Guest - March 2023
- The house was spacious and very comfortable. The location was good, an easy walk to the centre of Mumbles.
Susan, Booking.com Guest - March 23
- Lovely location, clean and well presented. Lots of space downstairs.
Andrea, Airbnb Guest - December 22
- Well equipped and clean place. Excellent location a stones throw from the Mumbles. Good parking. Comfortable beds. Couldn't ask for any more!!
Alan, Airbnb Guest, November 22
- The cottage was really lovely. The perfect stay for a short break near Mumbles with the family.
Eleanor, Airbnb guest, Oct 22
- Fantastic location. Only a short walk along the sea front to Mumbles centre. The house is very spacious downstairs, with a good kitchen and a welcoming conservatory. There were a few teething problems when we first arrived but these were quickly sorted out by Jany who was very responsive to our needs.
Finlay, Google reviews, Sept, 22
- A very enjoyable holiday. The weather was amazing. The house had everything we needed It was a very dog friendly location. There was so much to do and so we will be going back.
John, Booking.com Guest - 10/10 September 22
- A lovely holiday let in a nice quiet area within walking distance of everything.
The house was roomy and well-equipped. Nice to have two showers and two toilets. The location was excellent and plenty of room to put our bikes.
Angela, Booking.com Guest 10/10 - August 22
- Nice stay, good location and good communication from the owners
clean, spacious good location.
Paul, Booking.com Guest - 10/10 August 22
- Lovely place with nice views and close to amenities. Clean and tidy and kept well informed. Hope to be back!
Joe, Airbnb Guest - August 22
- Lovely house with plenty of parking and really homely, walking distance to the bars and restaurants in mumbles and easy distance to Swansea.
Louise, Airbnb guest - June 22
- The house has been beautifully finished, with everything we needed for our stay. Gabriel really appreciated the books in the cupboard and dancing to Alexa .
Kay, Booking.com Guest - 8/10 June 22
- Nice view and nice host.
Amelia, Airbnb Guest - June 22
- Lovely house to stay in dogs loved the garden . just a minutes walk from beach front. Had the best time ever .
Elizabeth, Airbnb Guest - June 22
- Lovely, stylish house with a great garden and everything you need for a relaxing stay.
Emma, Airbnb Guest - May 22
- Booked a last minute getaway due to building work at home. I was trying to find a property that was suitable for a pup and 3 generations with good parking and walking distance to Mumbles village. The property is large with plenty of comfortable sofas. It is tastefully and newly decorated with everything you need for a family. We relaxed in the lovely enclosed garden and conservatory. My son worked from the property and it has good Wifi speed. Communication with Jany was quick to respond to messages. She kindly allowed us to check in early and out later than advertised. This made a big difference to relaxing on the last day before returning home. We are frequent visitors to Swansea and the Gower and I would definitely use Jany again.
Marie, Airbnb Guest - May 22
- Great house in a fantastic location for a comfy stay in the mumbles.
Tess, Airbnb - May 22
- Really great house, nice size, ideal for having children running around. Location is great to get into the Mumbles or Swansea with really good bus routes passing nearby. House has everything you'd need, including washer and dryer, and the master bed is so comfortable!
Chloe, Airbnb Guest - May 22
- Stayed at West Cross just before the Easter Break. Gorgeous property with a lovely garden, tastefully decorated, a fabulous open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and snug and a wonderful sunny conservatory. Comfortably sleeps 2 couples and 2 children. No ensuites, but a lovely main bathroom and additional downstairs shower room and separate WC. The property is in a quiet residential area, about 20 minutes walk from the main high street in Mumbles and only 5-10 minutes walk to the sea front. There is also a pub and a gorgeous cafe 2 minutes walk away which doubles up as a convenience store, selling everything from everyday essentials, to plants and Welsh cakes. Our host Jany and her team were faultless. They contacted us several times before our visit, checking in instructions were very easy to follow and they also dealt with an issue immediately following our visit. We also had an Easter Egg and card from them which was a lovely touch. Their Superhost status is deserved I would heartedly recommend West Cross and would definitely stay there again.
Rosa, Airbnb Guest - April 22
- Wonderful, great property and nice garden, minutes from the beach. Immaculate. Really lovely downstairs open plan kitchen, diner, conservatory and also a great cozy living room. Great garden
Morag, Booking.com Guest - 9/10 April 22
- Well equipped house and very clean! So much space and the beds were MEGA comfy! The garden is also lovely and we were lucky enough to spend the afternoon soaking up the sun. Only a 10-15 minute walk from the town which was ideal. Would definitely recommend!
Becci, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, March 22
- The house is decorated to a high standard.. it is stylish and has everything we needed to make it a perfect weekend. The house was spotless, the beds were comfortable and the kitchen well equipped. We will definitely be booking again.. maybe for longer next time. Five stars !
Anthea, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, March 22
- Great location and lovely house!
Rhi, Airbnb Guest - Feb 22
- Lovely stay. Location was brilliant. Short walk into mumbles. The house was lovely, clean and very comfortable. Will definitely stay again.
Fi, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, February 22
- What a warm welcoming and well appointed home. Everything had been thought of to make for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. We could not have asked for more from Jany - a real home from home
Andrew, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, February 22
- Great house, as advertised, in a lovely location. Really clean, comfortable and spacious. Very well appointed facilities and pet friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily return. Easy access to the Mumbles, Swansea and The Gowr. Beaufort Arms is a great local pub and so handy, would recommend a visit there too.
Sharon, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, February 22
- Excellent cosy house, in a very peaceful location, 2 minutes from the seaside. We had a very relaxing time and everything was as or more than expected. Thanks a lot!
Alessandro, Google Reviews - 5/5, February 22
- Jany was a super helpful host and the property was beautifully kept. Would highly recommend.
James, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, January 22
- Stayed here for two nights with my partner & two daughters & our dog. What a beautiful house it is to. Very comfortable, a lot of space & very very clean. Very happy with our stay. Location is great to. Would highly recommend!
Ashlee, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, January 22
- What a fantastic find this house is! Great value if you come with a few of you and lovely to be able to bring the dog. The house has been decorated to a very high level and loved how spacious the downstairs felt and cosy the upstairs is too. Location is brilliant for exploring the Mumbles - 10 minute walk and the Gower is about 10 minute drive away! Just perfect for a few nights of exploring. They have a washing machine and a dryer if you have a day at the beach, large fridge freezer and everything else you need. Thanks Jany - will be booking again.
Lucy, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, January 22
- Lovely well located property In a great location. Decorated to a high standard. Beds were very comfy Well furnished and everything could require for a stay. Would definitely stay here again
Adam, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, January 22
- We enjoyed our time at Hadland House Mumbles. It was comfortable, clean & a good location with the extra bonus of parking for 2/3 cars. The beds were very comfortable with great quality bedding. Towels lovely quality but bath towels could be a bit bigger. Plenty of room for our dog but I did think that £15 a night was rather a lot to pay. Overall would we go again - Yes.
David, Expedia Guest - 8/10, January 22
- We stayed here for NYE 2021/2022 and had an amazing time. The house is in a great location and is perfect for anyone wanting to explore the local area, whether that be long walks, visiting Swansea, Mumbles or the Gower or the local pub around the corner.
Charles, AirBnb Guest - 5 Stars, January 22
- A perfect home from home located within easy walking distance of the Mumbles and all it has to offer and a great spot to explore the Gower from. We had a fabulous Xmas break and hope to be back again when the weather warms up. Thank you Jany for all your efforts that made this such a lovely place to stay.
Leslie, AirBnb Guest - 5 Stars, December 21
- Great Location, beautifully maintained accommodation. Perhaps not the best for a Summer visit if you want to sit in garden as it is North facing, though plenty of seats if you do, and the conservatory is comfortable and spacious. Indoor facilities are ample and comfortable for any age group.
Carol, AirBnb Guest - 5 Stars, December 21
- A wonderfully spacious house, very well appointed & stylish with everything you need. Perfect position for exploring the local and surrounding area.
Elaine, AirBnb Guest - 5 Stars, November 21
- Jany's place was a great location for exploring The Mumbles and the Gower Peninsula. The house had some lovely touches and made it a real home from home including a well equipped kitchen with essentials such as coffee and tea provided. The enclosed garden was great for our pooch too!
Alix, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, October 21
- This is a fabulous house, really comfortable and well stocked with everything you would need. There's a good little store just down the road and a pub (doesn't do food). Easy walk down to the sea and 10-15min into Mumbles. The driveway is a little hidden behind a big yellow wall. Jany let us check in early which was a big help. Just a note for those with Little's, that there are 2 shower rooms but no bath. We would definitely stay again!
Rebecca, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, October 21
- The house is situated just a 10 minute walk away from the mumbles in a lovely little neighbourhood. The kitchen was very well supplied, we were able to enjoy a few meals there and had everything we could possibly need. Comfy beds and sofas and perfect for 6 adults. Can highly recommend. The only thing to note is that even though there are 2 showers, only one can be used at once. Not a major issue, just worth knowing!
Emily, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, October 21
- We had a lovely stay here. Jany and Tom were very helpful beforehand and there were no issues once we arrived. The property is in a great location - we walked up to the shops and cafes in the closest part of the Mumbles (around Bistrot Pierre) each day which took us about 15 mins at a leisurely pace. The house is decorated beautifully and had everything we needed. It was a very relaxing home from home experience. It's worth noting that there is a dolce gusto (I think) coffee machine in case you have one at home and want to bring extra pods. Sadly we didn't discover the local shop/cafe Norton Stores until the final morning despite it being so close. They have a rather pretty seating area out the back. Really hope we can get there next time we stay!
Julia, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, October 21
- We had a delightful stay, excellent location close to beaches and such a lovely house decorated & styled so nicely. We would love to visit again!
Jaimie, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, October 21
- Fantastic stay in West Cross. Location is great with a short walk to the Mumbles. Very homely feel with plenty of space to roam around. Just be mindful of the dog fees which is per dog, per night and not per stay.
Joel, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, October 21
- Lovely spacious property. We were a party of three adults plus two dogs and there was plenty of room. Beds were comfortable, the property was clean, good TV and plentiful cooking equipment, China cutlery etc. The location is good for the beach and not too far from walks etc on the gower peninsula. There are several good eating places nearby which allow dogs in outside- booking advised.
Hilary, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, October 21
- This is a lovely spacious three bedroom house with so many comfortable sofas and chairs that the only problem we had was deciding where to sit!! There are plenty of tables and chairs in the garden too and we enjoyed having our breakfast outside. We had everything we needed and it was really useful having two showers and two toilets. The house is located in a peaceful area away from the town but it is close enough to leave the car and enjoy the walk along the waterfront to the restaurants and Mumbles town centre. We had a lovely time and would stay there again.
Ruth, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, September 21
- Great clean space, lots of privacy and quiet at night. Walking distance to a dog friendly beech and lots of attractions nearby. We had a great stay and would recommend. We were a family of 6 (5 adults and one older child) and I think that is probably the max for comfortable sleeping arrangements :-) overall a great stay!
Vicki, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, September 21
- What a fabulous property! Very spacious and beautifully decorated throughout, with all the amenities you could possibly need for a very comfortable stay. We felt so at home! You can see the sea from the front bedrooms and it's a short walk to the shops with the seafront just a little further. We will definitely be back!
Susan, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, September 21
- Great place! We'll appointed and perfect location very near restaurants, shops and beautiful beaches nearby. Highly recommended!
Carlos, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, August 21
- This is a great base from which to explore The Gower. The house is very well equipped, spotlessly clean and beautifully presented with new carpets and fresh decor. Jany is a very efficient host and responds quickly to any queries. It is lovely being able to walk to the Mumbles for coffee and ice cream. Stunning cliff top walks and beautiful beaches are only a short drive away. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.
Peter, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, August 21
- We had a brillant holiday in Mumbles and Hadland House is ideally situated to enjoy everything Mumbles and the surrounding area has to offer. The house is lovely and has loads of extras to help keep children entertained (e.g.: skateboard, buckets and spades, football), the garden is a nice size and the kitchen was well stocked with everything you could need. If we ever return to Mumbles, we would love to stay again!
Ruth, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, August 21
- Amazing place to stay, easy walking distance from mumbles town centre & beach! House was perfect, the bedrooms and bathrooms were great size! the garden is a sun trap, which was great for relaxing in after a day on the beach. Would highly recommend to anyone ☺️ they also provided dog bowls and treats for our pooch which was fab.
Ej, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, August 21
- This was a great place to stay - very conveniently located for the Mumbles which is only a short walk away. The house is lovely and very spacious downstairs with a lovely room at the front (with tv) for quiet time away from the rest of the family! The garden was fantastic (and all enclosed which was great for our puppy!) with plenty of seating outside and a hut suitable for putting large items in like golf clubs and body boards. All in all we had a very enjoyable 2 weeks here. Thanks Jany
Tina, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, July 21
- Jany's place is a wonderful place to stay for a little break. It is in a fantastic location just a few minutes walk from the sea, and not far from the centre of the Mumbles. It is a really lovely airbnb, with everything you could ever need - even a little sewing kit which came in handy! There is a lovely conservatory and garden which got lots of sun and the house was perfect for the 6 of us. Jany was an excellent host - the communication was brilliant and the check in was so easy! The area is amazing, with truly beautiful beaches - we felt we could have been in Spain! Overall, it was a fantastic stay and we would all highly reccommend it!
Portia, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, July 21
- A really lovely househouse with great kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms, and loads of parking as well. Jany and the team were great, we would love to stay again
Alan, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, July 21
- The most gorgeous house! We loved our stay here, beautifully decorated and so cosy. The garden was prefect for our dog to wonder and play without the worry of her escaping. Would most definitely love to visit again. Thank you!
Michelle, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, July 21
- Great location with easy walk into the centre. Beautiful house with everything you could need and furnished beautifully. Great costal walks. Very helpful and attentive, the manager of the property-thank you.
Helen, Booking.com Guest - 10/10, July 21
- Lovely, well-located house in the mumbles. Was spotless and the huge garden is a plus.
Rosie, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, July 21
- This house was perfect for our group of 5 and our dog. There was a lot of space and It had everything we needed, plus Jany was always available to drop by if we needed anything extra. The house was very clean and we really liked and made use of all the amenities. We would definitely stay here again.
Wajidur, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, June 21
- We enjoyed the house and all the amenities. Close to the seafront, restaurants and shops. A very private well kept garden, not overlooked at all. Plenty of space to lounge around in, ideal for a few friends to have their own space. We only used the king sized bedroom for sleeping and it was very comfy and quiet at night. The lighting in and around the house was very good, always a bonus for us. A good heating system and fans provided were welcome too. I highly recommend this property, and coming from a fusspot like me when it comes to Airbnbs, book it while you can!
Delyth, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, June 21
- Jany is welcoming and friendly. Me and my friends felt so surprised when we walkedin the door, every room was cozy and tidy; kitchen was full equipped and convenient. Our dog had a great time in the backyard , we 6 people enjoyed every moment in here. We will definitely back to this house if we are going to Swansea again.
Auden, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, May 21
- Thank you very much for letting us stay so last minute! We booked the house at 10am and by 3pm we had checked in. The house had everything we needed and more. The house is gorgeous and spotless. We absolutely loved the location to. Thank you again I would definitely recommend stay here
Rachel, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, May 21
- Jany provided excellent service and has a beautiful spotless property that is peaceful and really comfortable. Its a short walk to the beach and is in a beautiful neighbourhood of Mumbles. Parking is provided and its very safe. A cute stores in located just around the corner across from a local pub, if you fancy a tipple. The towns fishmongers and butchers is recommended, however their is a large M&S if you need groceries. Great stay Jany, thanks again.
Alison, Airbnb Guest - 5 Stars, May 21
- Great house, beautifully decorated. Everything we needed was on hand; loads of attention to detail! Location is excellent with allocated parking which is such a bonus as can be difficult to park in Mumbles. Wish we could have stayed longer! Jany was a great host, great communication, and check-in / check out very easy.
Anne, Airbnb Guest, 5 Stars, May 21